How to run multiple instances of the Endpoint Manager on the same PC.
Posted by Ram Sarma on 13 Mar 2019
If you're handling a big batch of PCs and you're trying to migrate them to the new versions of either Reboot Restore Rx or Rollback Rx Pro, you may find that having two instances of the remote management tool open at the same time might be hugely beneficial to you.
So here's how to get that done! Make sure you follow the steps as carefully as possible, it does require some minor adjustments in the regedit.
First, uninstall all instances of the RMC
- Run the program once, then exit.
- Go into services, find and stop the RMserver service.
- Now find the RMC1 folder, open the Settings.ini file with Notepad and add the line below at the bottom
- Now go into regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RmServer
- Select DisplayName and rename the default RmServer to whichever, for this example we'll call it RmServer1
Now for the second one you follow the same steps (using a different build), just remember to change the directory again as they should be separate.
Contact Technical Support if you have any questions or concerns.